Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Staying On Course

Hi my friends!,

Last week I told you about a project God gave me to do. I know it sounds crazy when I tell people when they ask me why am I taking on this project, I tell them "God told me to." I'm sure people looked at Noah like he was crazy for building an ark when it hadn't rained. I was reluctant to reveal what this project is but I knew it was the enemy whispering in my ear, "you can't do this", "you don't have time for this" or "people are going to hate you over this." The project the Lord has given me is to write a book about an incident that happened in Greenville, Ms. on July of 1969. A 13 year old girl was raped, murdered and found floating in the lake. The man who was convicted of this heinous act, was given a life sentence with being eligible for parole in ten years. Turns out he served a very short sentence and was released from prison. I am writing a book about this child's short time on this earth and her death. I know God is guiding me in the direction I need to go. As I told you last week, I heard her voice begging me to tell her story and I promised her I would. I know I am not perfect, but who on this earth is? Sunday, we were asked to confess why we are thankful to God.  I stood up and said I was thankful to God because he got me though many situations such as, being sexually abused by two different girls from the age of 5-11 and verbally abused by three aunts. I am thankful because God blessed me with talent to succeed in the broadcasting industry. I used to think I was doing all the things I did on my own, but it was by the grace of God. When I became ill, I lost my voice. I could not talk properly. I prayed that God would restore my voice and he did! I am a very blessed man because he put my beautiful wife in my life during a time I needed someone. I always tell her I am so lucky to have her in my life. Thank you and God Bless You for reading this.     

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete