Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Climbing Back Up The Mountain- The Journey

Hi everybody, In my last post I said this was a long beautiful journey that I am going on. I forget sometimes there are bumps in the road even potholes I have and will run into on this journey my Lord and Savior has put me on. Where do I begin? A month ago, I woke up and looked outside and saw that our car was missing! I told my wife Dena and she cried and I got upset and depressed about it. We talked and she told me to give it to God and he will get the car back for us. I have to admit, at the time I was too upset to listen and felt guilty about the whole situation because of my Polyneuropathy, I am not able to work to help make the payments on the car. I finally calmed down and prayed about the situation. My cousin Darnell Williams who is also our pastor told us to pray about it and we will get the car back. A few weeks pass and we were able to raise the money we needed to get the car back. Darnell drove us to Hattiesburg to a car auction place and we got the car. When we went to pay the fees, the lady behind the counter told us we brought too much money because there was no key fee so, instead of paying $237.00, we payed $100.00. She gave us a check for the balance. I looked at Dena and said "that's a blessing!" We got the car and found out the towing company that took the car also took our personal property that was inside the car and trunk. I found the number and Dena called them for directions to the place. Dena tells me it will cost $50.00 to get our things back. We go to Jackson to where the towing place is and Dena goes in by herself because  it is too far for me to walk. She and the gentleman who runs the place come to the car with the jack and a plastic bag. Dena tells me that most of the cd';s that were in our car were missing and she told them so they waived the $50.00 fee. The old me would have been cursing everyone in the building and ready to fight. The new me, giving thanks to God was calm about the whole situation. I give God the glory everyday for all of the blessings he has given us. I don't mean material things, I am thankful to our Lord and Savior for my wife,my children, my family and wonderful friends. The journey will get bumpy but it is a long and beautiful adventure. Thanks for reading, God Bless You

No comments:

Post a Comment